Monday, February 16, 2009

when i think of coffee

When I think of coffee
I think of you

Of the warmth that swells from inside
when I take you

When I drink in the sweetness
that wraps itself round my senses
with each tight embrace

Of the softness of your hands, your cheeks
like the cream that traces your lips

And the sprinkling of smile in your eyes
flashing above the mist around your cup

Of the flavor, the aroma
the rich heartwarming sincerity
that draws and holds me eager and awake
to discover what promise the night holds

I think of beautiful things shared
under warm orange lights
and in private;

Of the cold sweat that forms and trickles down
the glasses of water standing silent on the table
amidst crumpled napkins and half-eaten cake

Of long, meaningful dialogues
of sips of bitterness sweetened by reassuring words
and comforting hugs that swallow me in one gulp


Or when the evening breeze beckons
us out to our wide open spaces
we cast our eyes up
into the night sky and let dreams take flight

While our lips lock
and keep us bound to earth
to each other

And as the night grows old
the coffee grows cold
it’s your warmth that I begin to yearn for

Is it the coffee that sweetens your lips?
or is it your taste that lingers
in this shared cup?

When I think of coffee
i think of you

of how something so seemingly bitter
brings forth in me
the sweetest of smiles

-o.O-

16th of December 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home